Kindergarten – 2nd grade:
Throughout your child’s first few years at Temple Beth Am…
- Become familiar with the Synagogue
- What it means to be Jewish
- Explore the symbols and customs associated with the Jewish holidays including Shabbat
- Introduced to bible stories, characters and the Jewish values associated with them
- Learn the Hebrew alphabet, blessings, and prayers; such as, Shema and Shehecheyanu
Third – 6th grade:
- Study the meanings of prayers, making a personal connection to why and how Jews pray
- Learn about the Jewish lifecycle events and the Jewish calendar
- Build a relationship to Israel through culture, history, and comparative studies
- Discover Jewish heritage by learning about immigration and family history
- Explore Jewish identity by making a modern connection to ancient text
Hebrew via Skype:
Beginning in fourth grade, students meet weekly one-on-one with a Hebrew teacher at a date and time that works best for the family. This, coupled with classroom instruction, allows us to meet the individual learning needs of our students by giving them a personalized Hebrew curriculum designed to help each child be successful at their own pace.
In addition to students learning in the classroom, they will have the opportunity to participate the rich tapestry of Jewish experiences through art, dance, music, guest speakers, grade-based programs, and Shabbat services.
Seventh & Eighth grade:
Seventh and Eighth classes meet on Sunday morning, taking a deeper look at their Jewish heritage and form a more personal connection to their Judaism and to one another. These classes culminate with a special out-of-town retreat and serve as a bridge our high school program.